COVID -19 INFORMATION FOR OUR CLIENTS
Please go to our Blog page for updates regarding JobKeeper, Business Stimulus Package and other Government initiatives as well as exclusive business tools
As you will have seen there are continuing concerns for Australians around coronavirus.
We are now updating you with changes we have put in place that will change the way we conduct your appointments with us.
These steps are being taken to ensure the health of both our clients and staff and in line with the current guidelines.
As most of you are aware effective from Monday 23 March 2020 our office has been closed to all clients and visitors. Whilst we had hoped to welcome clients for their appointments during tax season, we must work within the current distancing guidelines. In abiding by these guidelines, we find that we cannot safely allow both staff and clients in the office at the same time.
We assure those of you who have not yet required our services during this period, our office has continued to be staffed either in the office or remote working and we have operated as per normal.
What Do I Need To Know?
All appointments will continue via phone for the foreseeable future.
Bookings will be taken from last week of June when your Accountants diaries will be updated with their individual availability.
Our normal operating times for the Tax Season are unchanged i.e. Late night appointments Monday – Thursday, Saturday Appointments from July through until end of September. NB: Some Accountants may work nights beyond this timeframe.
What Do I Need To Do?
Call the office commencing 29th June 2020 to arrange your appointment.
When determining your preferred date & time please be aware that most information will NOT be available on the ATO portal until after 15th July, therefore unless you can provide all the information listed it is recommended that you wait until you check your myGov account to ensure the information is available & marked “Tax Ready”
Prepare for your appointment by gathering and summarising the information required and send it to us by 72 hours before your appointment using the following methods.
- You may request to be added to our client portal where you can digitally sign or upload documents
- Request a personalised Dropbox link where you place large documents/spreadsheets and documents, or
- We discourage the use of emails to provide personal information, however, if this is your preferred method you should create a NEW email and send to email@example.com. Do not reply to any previous emails. To avoid multiple emails due to size limitations of attachments we encourage you to consider our first 2 options.
Where you wish to take advantage of options 1 or 2 please send your request via firstname.lastname@example.org immediately to allow for setup. You will be contacted if we require further information.
The minimum information that you will need to provide for your appointment is:
- PAYG Summary – Only if not available via your myGov account marked “Tax Ready” at time of booking appointment.
- Bank Account details, BSB & Account No.
- Current Address & Telephone Contact
- Private Health Insurance Statement (If you have private health insurance). Please note that you do not need to provide this if booking your appointment for a date after 15th July 2020 as your fund will provide this information directly to the ATO by this date.
If you have other income from sources such as ABN, Rental Properties & Shares you will need to also send / upload in additional information.
- Statement of all income & expenses for the Rental property, see more - Rental Property Schedule
- Dividend statements,
- Summarised Income & Expenses relating to the ABN.
- Motor Vehicles Expenses, see more - Motor Vehicle Schedule
Once you have made your booking, requested a portal or Dropbox folder or emailed in your documents to email@example.com your Accountant will contact you at the time of your appointment and conduct your normal interview and complete your tax return.
Upon completion it will be published to our client Portal where you can review & digitally sign the documents and then automatically lodged, and no further action is required. However, if you prefer email, it will be sent to you for review, signing and returning to our office. Upon return, it will be lodged and you have successfully completed your tax return for 2020.
We look forward to welcoming you for your 2020 Returns during what will be some challenging times ahead.
If you need any further assistance or have any other questions please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org or Phone 03 9742 3844.
We thank you for your patience at this difficult time.
Should you have queries or suggestions, please do not hesitate to contact our administration team at Simon Jones & Co on 03 9742 3844 or via email@example.com